10 Kid Friendly Camping Recipes for Easy Family Campfire Meal Ideas
Simple Recipes For Easy Family Camping Meals
Camping with your kids allows you to create lifelong family memories. Mealtimes, however, can be somewhat of a challenge. Luckily, there are plenty of easy kid friendly camping recipes that can involve the entire family.
Just like packing all of your necessary campsite equipment, planning your campfire meals ahead of time is a necessity. It ensures you are prepared for every meal and that you campsite stays complaint-free.
These delicious easy campfire meals for the family require a bit of prep work but are worth the extra planning. Every member of your family will appreciate these nutritionally beneficial meals after a long day of outdoor activities.
From breakfast to late night snacks and everything in between, all you need is a well-built campfire to cook satisfying food that everyone will enjoy. These 10 kid friendly camping recipes are not only fast and fun, they will please even the pickiest eaters.
While the fresh smell of coffee brewing over an open flame is enough to make adults rise and shine, kids need a campsite breakfast that provides a hearty foundation for the rest of the day. While there are plenty of Camping Breakfast Ideas out there, the following are easy and family friendly.
Southwestern Breakfast Burritos
With a little prep-work, these Southwestern Breakfast Burritos will provide a hearty start to your family’s busy day.
- Shredded Cheese
- Diced Ham
- Flour Tortillas
- 1 tbs Taco Seasoning
1. Cook eggs and combine with diced ham, shredded cheese, and taco seasoning.
2. Place desired amount of filling into each tortilla and wrap tightly in aluminum foil, keeping them in your cooler until you are ready to eat.
3. Place wrapped burritos next to your campfire’s hot coals for 10-15 minutes, turning once to ensure even heating.
Egg in a Hole
An easy and eye-opening breakfast for kids of all ages.
- Thick Bread, Sliced
1. Melt a pad of butter in a skillet over the campfire. Meanwhile, cut a hole in the middle of a slice of thick bread.
2. Place bread in skillet and crack an egg into the hole.
3. Place over the campfire until egg is fully cooked and bread is toasted.
Don’t rely on processed foods when your kids are hungry between meal times. Healthy snacks are easy to make when camping with kids. Whether you are looking for a mid-day pick me up or a midnight treat, these snacks are sure to keep your little campers satisfied…